Tuesday 25 October 2011

WTF Is Dappy?

Okay, rant alert, because I've heard his song enough times now to have formed an opinion on it all. And that is, WTF! Okay, firstly, what's with his new song? Yes, the song is catchy, but what's with all these ridiculous references? Are they just of people who are incredibly more talented then him (and yes, I'm including his references to the characters Marty McFly and Frank Gallagher too)? Or are they just people with a better dress sense and who I'd rather meet? I mean c'mon Dappy, be inventive!
So N Dubz wasn't exactly middle of the road with their lyrics, at least they were enjoyable to listen too. Well, until they fucked off to America, and ruined their uniqueness. But N Dubz were decent, to say the least. But looking at it, why? Tulisa - yeah, she can sing, she has probably got a comfortable and more successful solo career on the horizon, but seriously how did N Dubz stay around with Dappy on the scene?
With a moustache which, to be frank, will look decent when puberty hits, and a fucking nobhead of a hat, Dappy has definately got a questionable appearance. And then, he comes out with the spiel that he claims to be rapping, that I for one, just can't get on board with. Yes, some of it's clever, but I'm over his existence. Nothing seems new, nothing seems fresh. Dappy is nothing more than a skid mark on the music industry. And don't get me started on the pointlessness of bandmate Fazer!

And this isn't an attack on him as a person. I'm sure the scrappy kid from Camden is pleasant to be around. But as a musician? Shite. To be frank, he's shite. I will enjoy his music from time to time, when I have nothing better to listen to, and sing along to the annoying earworm lyrics he has oh so wildly created from his little useless imagination. Let's just hope his next song is something original or different maybe. Maybe even enjoyable.

Rant over G Spots

No comments:

Post a Comment